My Blog

My Blog
My name is Lylla and I like sports. I am a year 7 at Waikanae school

Thursday, June 1, 2017

By Lylla and Jade

Silas

Baxter
Stretcher bearer

He went to war

He went to England to train

Was sea sick for a whole boat ride.

Drafted into the war in 1917

23 years old when drafted

Hardly ate  when he was sick

He wanted to do his part but he did not want to kill

Medic

Fought in northern france








 








Believes in the
bible.

Both went to a camp

They both got injured.

They both did not fight in the war.

Same war.

NZ

Conscientious objector

They refused to carry a gun.

Both non combat

Both meet the enemies




Born on 13 of december  1881

2nd of 8 children

Worked on a farm

Dunedin
Full name is Archibald McColl Learmond Baxter

Left school at the age of 12

Conscripted in 1916

Married at 39

He was not wealthy but he had a wealthy spirit

Would refuse to wear a uniform

No comments:

Post a Comment